Sunday, September 30, 2012

All the best, bro!

Yesterday, I went to see my brother in his boarding school. It might be the last time I see him face to face before he sits for his SPM.

"Which subject do you mind most challenging?" I asked.
"None. Everything is easy," he answered earnestly, with a quiet confident smile.
I laughed out loud, part pleased, part amused.
"But of course, not all subjects are equally easy," he stated.
"Okay. Then which is the least easy?"
"BM. Because the rules keep changing. For example, a few years ago 'keretapi' is spelled as one word, now it's two."
"And which subject is the easiest?"
"English. Especially essays."

No, his ambition is not to be a writer or a journalist. He wants to be a civil engineer.

Dik, semoga Allah permudahkan jalanmu. All the best! You can do it, insya-Allah.

4 comments:

Ummu Auni

Eh Mynie, your brother's thinking is same as me!! Masa SPM dulu pun, I thought the same thing :p

Good luck!

SMM

i didn't hehe :)

Al-Manar

Would he not like to be a lawyer? If indeed he wants to be an engineer, civil should be among the last choice unless he is looking for the easiest to get through. Try mechanical, electrical or chemical. Of course a civil engineer will disagree with me. It is just a thought but not without reasons.

SMM

Pakcik Hassan,
Thanks for dropping by my blog. We don't get exposed to lawyers often (or maybe at all) so it's rarely considered. But I'll let him know. And seeing that you are an engineer yourself, your advice about which line of engineering to choose should be given due consideration.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP